Friday, July 2, 2010

As Soon As School Starts...

"You're a teacher? Wow, you must love having the summer off." Right. Actually, most teachers either work all summer (i.e. teaching summer school, tutoring, working another part-time job) or they are broke for three months. I'm working a bit this summer, but definitely have to rein in spending during these months. So, here's my "As Soon As School Starts" wish list. Good thing we live 20 minutes from IKEA! :-)

1. New Kitchen Light Fixture

Ikea FADO Pendant:

2. Shoe Storage

Would love to get two of these to put side-by-side on our front porch.

Ikea GREVBACK Bench:
3. Living Room Rug

Haven't decided on one yet, but here is the current favorite.

From Dash & Albert:

Or maybe this darker gray...

4. Curtains!! I'll wait on these until after we have new windows installed throughout the house. Fun to look though!

IKEA Vivan curtains for the living room: 

Living room window inspiration:


Just realized my blog has turned in to a way for me to manage my world of lists. Nice. Happy 4th of July! 


1 comment:

  1. I know how that goes (with the summer spending) although with me it's more like- once I FIND a teaching job... :)

    IKEA is dangerous when you have a house! I try not to go too often because I always end up finding things I didn't even know we needed! :)

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete